Login or register for my nib to manage your policy online, including to submit all your health claims for procedures that have already taken place and to request a pre-approval for a procedure that has yet to take place.
Make a claim
Make a payment request for procedures that have already taken place, including your pre-approved claims.Make a claim Register now
Request a pre-approval
Before having any surgery, private hospitalisation, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, diagnostic investigation (including CT and MRI), and/or a specialist consultation we recommend you request pre-approval, so that you’ll know that the procedure you require will be covered and to make claiming afterwards even easier.
If your procedure is taking place within five days, please call our Claims team on 0800 123 6420800 123 642.Request a pre-approval Request a pre-approval Register now
Before you make a claim or request a pre-approval, ensure you have the following information:
Please note that you are no longer required to print a Claim and Pre-approval form to make a claim or to request a pre-approval. Completion of these tasks through online self-service will require scanned copies or photos of your documents to be attached.
- Invoice marked paid or receipt for each claim item, or estimate of costs if you haven't had the procedure yet
- Referral letter and/or medical report from your GP or other health provider
- Specialist letter, if applicable
- ACC decision letter and ARTP-Assessment report, if applicable
- Your bank account details for a refund, if applicable