nib nz limited holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice services.
nib only provides advice about:
- nib health insurance products
- AA Health insurance products. AA Health is a partnership between The New Zealand Automobile Association Incorporated (AA) and nib, which involves nib underwriting AA Health's products.
When you're dealing with nib or any nominated representatives giving advice on our behalf, know that we are bound by legal duties to:
- meet the standards of competence, knowledge, and skill set out in the code of conduct;
- give priority to the member or potential member’s interests;
- exercise care, diligence, and skill; and
- meet the standards of ethical behaviour, conduct, and client care set out in the code of conduct.
We're committed to delivering good member outcomes. As such,
- nib does not charge fees for providing advice
- while our nominated representatives may receive bonuses based on the insurance policies that they sell, our sales governance framework requires certain conduct and other criteria be met before a bonus can be paid.
- we'll inform you of the premiums that will be payable if you take out an nib insurance product.
Complaints & dispute resolution
We value feedback from our members and seek this regularly by sending out surveys. Sometimes, despite our best efforts, we may not always get things right. In these cases, our members can use our complaints process to try and resolve issues to their satisfaction.
Step 1: Contact us
Step 2: Get an external review of the decision
If you have a complaint about the service or advice you have received from nib, you can reach us online.
An nib staff member will try to resolve your complaint in the first instance. If we can’t do that, the complaint will be escalated to a team leader or manager.
Any complaints not resolved by the team leader or manager will be escalated to the nib complaints committee – a group of senior managers who meet to discuss complaints and look to provide appropriate resolution.
We will try to resolve your complaint within 14 days. If that is not possible, we will keep you updated with our progress and when we expect to be able to resolve your complaint.
We'll make every possible effort to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you have access to the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman, a free, independent dispute resolution service.
The IFSO may help investigate or resolve a complaint if it is not resolved to the complainant’s satisfaction using nib’s internal complaints process.
To contact the IFSO please use their online complaint form or contact them:
0800 888 202
IFSO Scheme PO Box 10-845 Wellington 6143 New Zealand
nib nz limited has an A- (Strong) Financial Strength Rating from S&P Global Ratings Australia Pty Ltd
Standard & Poor's rating scale
|SD or D||Selective Default or Default|
Ratings from 'AA' to 'CCC' may be modified by the addition of a plus (+) or minus (-) sign to show relative standing within the major rating categories.
For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings/en/about/understanding-ratings
The most recent solvency return filed by nib nz limited with the Reserve Bank of New Zealand is for year ended 30 June 2020. The solvency details at 30 June 2020 were:
|Available Solvency Capital||$32.6m|
|Minimum Solvency Capital||$13.5m|