Simple, smart and value for money
Decided to stay in New Zealand? nib has teamed up with Orbit Protect to offer health insurance to Orbit’s eligible1 customers.
We offer cover for the big stuff like cancer and surgery as well as everyday health costs like trips to the doctor & prescriptions, dental, optical and more.
Why it's worth it?
Over 1 million Kiwis and Aussies covered
Fast track access to your healthcare treatment
Tailor your cover to suit your needs
Simple to join, value for money
Picking the right health insurance is all about making sure it fits with your lifestyle.
With cover for everyday items like dental, optical, chiro and acupuncture, through to cover for those unexpected events, like cancer treatment, surgery costs and after surgery care, nib has the cover to suit you.
Singles Health Insurance
Ranging from just the everyday to comprehensive hospital insurance, you want quality cover that suits your needs.
From $20.46 weekly3
Couples Health Insurance
You and your partner would like to be covered for a range of services, so you're looking for the best cover to suit your needs.
From $47.71 weekly4
Families Health Insurance
You've started a family but there's room for more! You'd like to be covered for the everyday and birth-related services.
From $72.63 weekly5
Important things to know
Eligibility for nib health coverA person is eligible for Standard Hospital and Premium Hospital cover if they are:
- a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand living in New Zealand; or
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident who has lived, or intends to live, in New Zealand for two years or more; or
- permanently employed in New Zealand and hold a current New Zealand work permit which has been issued for at least two years with at least 12 months remaining; or
- entitled to publicly funded health and disability services provided by the New Zealand Government.
- A person is eligible for Standard Everyday and Premium Everyday cover if they are lawfully residing in New Zealand.
- This overview is not a policy document. It is an outline of the main features and benefits of the eligible nib covers. A full explanation of the benefits, exclusions and applicable waiting limits are contained in the policy documents. The policy documents are available from our what am I covered for webpage .
- Based on a female, 27 years old, non-smoker with nib Standard Hospital and Standard Everyday cover with a $500 annual excess for the Standard Hospital cover. Price includes our 4% direct debit discount.
- Based on a couple, with two adults both 30 years old and non-smokers with a nib Standard Hospital and Premium Everyday cover with a $500 annual excess for the Standard Hospital cover. Price includes our 4% direct debit discount.
- Based on a family of two adults (both 35 years old and non-smokers) and two kids (under 21) with nib Premium Hospital and Premium Everyday cover with a $500 annual excess for the Premium Hospital cover. Price includes our 4% direct debit discount.