nib Health Management Programmes
Our range of wellness programmes help members take control of their health and wellbeing.
nib can help you manage your health
As your partner in health, we want to help you live a healthier life and support you on your journey to better health. That’s why we have the following options:
- All nib members can discuss their health concerns with nib Wellness Coaches. Wellness Coaches are qualified healthcare professionals who can provide you with personal support to proactively look after your health or help you recover faster from your treatment.
- Eligible members1 with certain health conditions can join a relevant nib Health Management Programme.
Health Management Programmes we offer
Eligible members1 can access a range of Health Management Programmes. Here are some of the options currently available:
nib Healthier Joints: Weight ManagementHelp reduce the impact of your osteoarthritis and prevent or delay the need for a hip or knee replacement with our weight management programme.
nib Healthier Joints: Pain ManagementGet physiotherapy and psychological support to help with chronic pain in your hips, knees, shoulders or spine.
nib Healthier HeartReduce the risk of potential or diagnosed cardiovascular disease by managing your medication, understanding key lifestyle recommendations and working towards your health goals.
nib Cancer CareGet support and guidance for you and your carers when you’re going through chemotherapy or radiotherapy for your cancer.
How do I join a programme?
If you’re interested in joining one of our Health Management Programmes, follow these four easy steps:
Check you are eligible
See our programme eligibility criteria1.
Register your interestTell us a bit more about your health needs by completing our online form*.
Check your optionsAn nib Wellness Coach will let you know what programmes you are eligible for, what we recommend for you and how to sign up.
Sign upYou choose the Health Management Programme you think is right for you.
If you aren’t eligible to get into one of our programmes, we can still help. We’ll let you know about relevant free services around New Zealand that can help you with your health journey. Alternatively, our Wellness Coaches can offer further advice and support if you need it.
How our programmes work
Glenn took part in nib's Healthier Joints Pain Management programme after crippling back pain forced him to give up his passion of trout fishing, and in his own words, “it changed everything”
Important things to know
1nib Health Management Programmes are designed to provide eligible members with the skills and knowledge to improve their health journey and are available at no additional cost. You may not be able to join a programme if the programme is full at the time you apply or if you have an exclusion on your policy that relates to the condition the programme is looking to manage.
To be eligible you must...
- Be an nib member aged between 18 and 80 years, with a plan that includes Hospital cover, and your premiums paid up to date
- Not be currently enrolled in another programme or have enrolled in a programme in the last 12 months
- Meet the specific requirements for the programme you want to join
- Agree to the sharing of information where a programme is provided through a third party to enable them to provide the programme to you and report to nib on the outcomes of the programme
View the full terms and conditions.