Why choose nib health insurance?
At nib we believe that health insurance should be easy to understand, easy to claim on and most of all good value.
We offer health insurance you can actually use. When you take out insurance with nib, you’ll join thousands of Kiwis who we help stay healthy, every day.
We have over 60 years’ experience in providing health insurance and now cover over one million people across the Tasman.
And as the second largest health insurer in New Zealand, we know a thing or two about the cover Kiwis need, so we’ve designed a range of health insurance plans to suit you and your wallet. Compare products, prices and join online today.
Why it's worth it
- You choose – with nib, you have the freedom to choose when, where, how and by whom you get treated. We know that you know what’s best for your health so we leave the decisions with you.
- Innovative products – private hospital cover, cover for day-to-day expenses, or both! Pick what suits you and get cover for the things you need now and not for those you don’t.
- Immediate cover – your cover starts immediately when we receive your application (subject to waiting periods), or you can choose to start on any date up to six weeks later.
- 14-day free-look period – to give you time to consider your policy we provide a 14-day free-look period. During this time if you decide the policy isn’t right for you, you can cancel it and we’ll refund any premiums paid, providing no claims have been made.
- Claiming is easy – our core business is paying claims and being there for you when you need us most. We make sure the process is as hassle-free as possible and aim to process claims within five working days. For some treatments we can provide pre-approval over the phone, or text you with confirmation.
- Excess options – to help you keep premiums in check without sacrificing your cover, we have a range of excess options on many of our private hospital covers that can discount your premium by up to 60%. For example, if you have a $500 excess you’ll get a 25% discount on your premium, and if we accept a claim for $2,500, we’ll pay $2,000 of the total cost.
- Payment options – for your convenience, we offer a range of payment options including direct debit, as well as various payment frequencies including weekly, fortnightly and monthly.
- Cash back in your pocket – save up to 4% on your premiums with our direct debit discount. Get 60% of your day-to-day costs back with our EveryDay covers.
- We’re here to help – we have experts that can explain your options and help you find the right balance between how much cover you want and what you can afford. Call us today on 0800 123 6420800 123 642 or we'll call you, or you can compare prices and join online.